1. By far the most important resource out there is the FAQ/wiki on r/lanuagelearning. Devour it.
If you don’t know what Reddit is or don’t know how best to use it, click here.
- My preferred method is:
- Michel Thomas Audio Lectures
- Finish the Foundation and Advanced course.
- Duolingo, Memrise & Lang-8
- Do the lessons on DuoLingo
- Memorise the 1000 most common words in the language from Memrise
- Write a daily journal on Lang-8
- Immersion: Watching videos/series/movies/songs/radio in target language initially with English subtitles and shadowing and when I start to recognize the spoken words, I change to target language subtitles.
When you decide to learn a second language, a good idea by EurekaLanguageBits, is “to create urgency in my language learning process than to learn a new language from one I was also learning.”
- Trivia apps/Games
- Changing your phone’s/Facebook language
- Lyrics Training
Easy Spanish Series
Easy French Series
For a list of language-learning related websites, click here.