The objective of the game is to clear a rectangular board containing hidden “mines” without detonating any of them, with help from clues about the number of neighboring mines in each field. Rectangular, hexagonal, 3D, circular and triangular variations exist. [Wikipedia]
Step 1: Learn The Clicks
- Single Left Click on unopened tile
- Opens a tile
- Single Right Click on unopened tile
- Marks a Tile as a Mine
- Double Right Click on unopened tile
- Marks a Tile with ‘?’
- Left and Right Click Together (called ‘chording’) on opened tile if atleast one adjacent tile is marked with a flag
- Opens all adjacent tiles except those marked with a flag
Step 2: Understand The Numbers
- The number in any tile indicates the total number of mines present in the 9 adjacent tiles.
Step 3: If a number is touching the same number of squares, then the squares are all mines.
Step 4: Understand The Patterns
Step 5: If you have to guess, just guess. Thinking doesn’t improve chances.
Step 6: Learn where to click first.
Step 7: Remember, the game ends when all safe squares are open, not when all mines are flagged.
- So, don’t bother marking every mine. Focus instead on opening all safe tiles.