- Makes you sound smarter and more cultured
- Gives you easy and immediate access to nuggets of pithy wisdom
One of my favourite uses of quotes is to stop bad habits.
Step 1: Make a list of all your bad habits.
Step 2: Make a list of quotes (at least 5) that deal with those bad habits.
Step 3: Memorise those quotes.
Step 4: The next time you catch yourself committing one of these bad habits, recite one of the quotes to yourself.
When I procrastinate:
- How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives. –Anne Dillard
When I try to half-ass things:
- Do or do not. There is no try. –Master Yoda
When I decide to skip events:
- Eighty percent of success is showing up. –Woody Allen
When I decide to not do something:
- You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. –Wayne Gretzky
- “Courage is not the absence of fear, rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”- Ambrose Redmoon, Writer
- Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. —Henry Ford
- A ship in a harbour is safe. But that’s not what ships are built for. –John Augustus Shedd